HICKMAN, FULTON CITY COMMISSIONS CONVENE AUG. 14; AGENDAS LISTED
The Hickman, Kentucky City Commission will convene Aug. 14 at 5 p.m. for regular monthly session. The meeting is open to the public. Items listed on the agenda include:
Pledge of Allegiance Call to Order
August 14, 2023
Regular Commission Meeting Agenda
I. Approval of Minutes
- Regular Meeting 7/10/23
- Regular Meeting 7/24/23
II. Presentations/Public Comments
- Public Works Update
- Police Update
III. Unfinished Business:
1. First Reading of Ordinance 23-128, Noise Complaints and Park usage a. Discussion
2. First Reading of Ordinance 23-129, Motor Vehicle and Watercraft tax rates a. Discussion
3. First Reading of Ordinance 23-130, Real and Personal Property tax rates a. Discussion
4. Accept Arianne Stearns resignation letter from Hickman Tourism Committee a. Discussion
IV. City Manager’s Report
V. Commissioner Comments
VI. Executive Session KRS 61.810(1)(f)
CITY OF FULTON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING WILL BE HELD AT FULTON CITY HALL ON
AUGUST 14, 2023 at 6:00 PM. THE MEETING IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
THE AGENDA INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
Pledge of Allegiance
Remarks and Request from Visitors
City Attorney's Report
PLEASE TURN OFF ALL PHONES OR PUT THEM ON VIBRATE. ALSO, TURN OFF ALL PUBLIC SERVICE RADIOS.
Consider Municipal Order 2022- 182 Approval of the Minutes of a Regular Meeting held on Monday, July 24, 2023
Update on Misty Wheeler's Complaint on the Fence on Eddings Street
1. Consider Municipal Order 2022-183 Authorization to City Manager to sale Property on
1003 Maiden Street to Charles and Sharonda Roberson
2. Consider Municipal Order 2022-184 Authorization for City Manager to Purchase Sand, Pump and Airlifts for Repair Work on the Sand Filtration System at the Lagoon with our ARPA Dollars (American Rescue Plan Act) 42,708.00
3. Consider Municipal Order 2022-185 Authorization for City Manager to Re-Submit a Grant
Application for Funding our Natural Gas Pipeline Replacement Requirements
4. Consider Municipal Order 2022-186 Authorization for City Clerk to Publish the 2022
Delinquent Taxes in the Current Newspaper
5. Discussion on Setting the 2023 City Tax Rate and Setting a Date for a Public hearing if needed.
6. Consider Municipal Order 2022-187 Discussion on the City's flooding issues and authorizing the City Manager to submit a Correction Action Plan (CAP) 165 Letter of Intent for Scope of Work and requesting assistance from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for a study in accordance with Section 165(a) to address the persistent flooding in the City of Fulton.
7. Consider Municipal Order 2022-188 to accept the FY2023 Community Facilities Grant for a
police vehicle and authorize the Mayor to sign any and all necessary paperwork.
8. Consider Municipal Order 2022-189 authorizing City Manager and Fire Chief Lang to negotiate an agreement to secure the replacement Ladder Truck. Presentation from Fire Chief Stephen Lang on proposed replacement for the Fire Department of the 31-year-old Ladder Truck.
9. Consider municipal order 2022-190 authorizing the City Manager and City Attorney to sign
and accept grant from FAA 3-21-0062-021-2023 in the amount of $29, 977 for Conducting Environmental Assessment for Parallel Taxiway.
10. Consider Municipal Order 2022-191 Authorizing City Manager to sign our yearly Standard
Joint-funding Agreement for the Operation and Maintenance of the Bayu De Chien Streamgage Creek
11. Consider Municipal Order 2022-192 to Hire Quinn Lyons as a Seasonal Worker for Fire
Hydrant Maintenance and Testing
12. Discussion of City Manager Mike Gunn traveling to Cape Girardeau to testify to the
Mississippi River Commission on the flooding in the City of Fulton.
13. Discussion of the Downtown Fulton Entertainment Destination Center and approval by the
KY ABC Commission.
14. First Reading of City Ordinance 2023-09 Establishing Guidance for Mobile Food Vendors
o City Manager o Commissioners o City Attorney
Please support the Current by subscribing today!